Scrabbled! Scrabbled!

Indifferent.

I thought I'd try reviewing some of your flashes and see if it works. As usual, I'm sorry to say that there's a lot to be improved.

I assume it'd be fair to start by saying that there is no reason why you would play this when there's the board game. The board game is far more convenient, but this one forces two players to share a mouse. I wish that was the only problem though.

I'll start with the gameplay. This won't be easy because I'm barely familiar with Scrabble. For one, preventing players from starting without vowels isn't included in your game. If you are to literally make the cyber version of Scrabble without anything different, you might as well stick with the rules. Secondly, there is no scoring. You'd have to write the scores on paper, which is pointless as computer games like these are supposed to save you from bothering with a pencil and a paper. Third, the letters don't snatch to the grids. It's not a major problem, it just looks ugly and it's inconvenient.

Moving on to the design, the background is alright but the color of the text just doesn't match it. Especially the muting buttons are illegible due to the similar colors of the text and the background. Designing text with a different color in each letter is, by the way, as original as a cone of vanilla ice cream. Likewise, the text is really bland. If you have Flash 8 and up (I know you didn't make this in Photoshop), try assigning filters to the text. As long as you don't overdo it, it makes text looks much more attractive. The same thing applies to the game board, by the way.

The dictionary is well thought, I'll give you that. However, if you can somehow make it open in a tab WITHOUT skipping to that tab, you'd take an important step.

The music choice is OK, but it gets repetitive after a while. Furthermore, somehow, I think there are much more suitable songs for this out there. Maybe something more peaceful and calming.

In conclusion, I don't think there is any way that two people would enjoy playing this. Offline multiplayer flash games that can be played only with two people are rarely played, most people would prefer playing this alone for a few minutes before getting bored. Most importantly, there is no reason to play this when there is the REAL version.

Out of a score of 10, I took off:
-3 for the gameplay fallacies
-1 for the blandness
-1 for the music choice.

5/10 is the result, the vote result being 3/5. Frankly I feel like I've gone a bit easy on you, but it's probably because I can feel your potential. I won't be this kind next time. As I always warn you, don't jeopardize your flashes (or any kind of work for that matter) by rushing them. Keep working and improving. It'll take some time, but your hard work will pay off.

Best wishes.
~Review Request Club

up-a-notch responds:

well it's better then nothing...

Rolling Ball Tutorial Rolling Ball Tutorial

Long and boring.

While your intention was good, your methods weren't. It's an intensely long tutorial with only text and nothing more. Even a patient learner will eventually get bored because of the long text and quit. I wish that was the only problem...

It has a common problem: the overusing of filters. There are filters everywhere, you used glow on every piece of text. Filters are only good when used controllably. If I were you, I'd take the glow off the tutorial text and use it on buttons only. The button text font is good however.

The buttons are a blunder. They become active only if you place your mouse on the exact text. You need to work on the hit area of the buttons, perhaps draw a square over the text in that frame. You also cannot go back to the main menu unless you press either PREVIOUS or NEXT countless times.

It's also bland and needs more colors, mostly a better background.

The music didn't fit at all. Using a rock or metal song on a tutorial is never a good idea, you need something calming and encouraging.

While the tutorial is explaining an important asset of Flash, the mistakes above totally killed the potential.

Out of 10, I took off:
- 2 for the length and boringness
- 1 for the blandness
- 1 for filter overuse
- 2 for the buttons
- 1 for the music

That leaves you with 3/10. Meaning that it's a 1.5 out of 5, but because of the potential, I'll raise that to 2.

I hope you consider the points I'm trying to make. I'm looking forward to seeing you improved.

~Review Request Club

Kwing responds:

I didn't think it was too long or boring. I explained each line of script... Isn't that what a tutorial is supposed to do? What could have been done differently about that without costing some of the information provided?

The glow filter seemed pretty subtle to me. I mean, it's noticeable but I didn't see what was wrong with it. Maybe I used it too much but it really doesn't distract from the tutorial as a whole.

And the music is horrible, I know. I literally chose the song at random.

Error Message Generator Error Message Generator

Fun little gadget.

It's a good idea, but not something that you would spend hours with. It does have potential, so many different humorous messages can come out of this. However, it lacks features. You should be able to make more than one button (IE "Yes" and "No"), and there should be more signs. You should be able to customize the colors, like making a black background for a dramatic error.

It can use a lot of improvements and new features, like the ones I mentioned above. Overall it's a nice gadget, but it gets boring really quickly. The improvements I mentioned before will add to the gameplay time, and it surely will attract more viewers.

From 10, I deducted only 2 for the amount of repetitiveness. I also took off 1 because of the bland colors and lacking visuals. Somehow I feel I'm going a bit easy on you, but it's probably because it has so much potential.

By the way, mine was:
Title: SHITTY ERROR
Message: Your tits are small.
Button: No way!
Like I already mentioned, I should also be able to make a second button. In my case, I'd make it "Thanks pally!".

Good luck on your future projects. If you make improvements or even a sequel, please let me know because I'm interested!
- Review Request Club

evan210 responds:

I am planning on making a sequel.
That's the reason I uploaded this: I needed suggestions for what should be in the final product.

NG Button Editor NG Button Editor

Too simple.

The idea was there, but the options were so limited. You should at least be able to adjust the size and shape, but even then it wouldn't be much better. There was no music too, but at least you didn't use the "Endless Handbag Loop" which for some reason is used in EVERY NG related flash. Good luck with your future projects, you have potential, so I'm pretty sure you can come up with much better flashes than this one.

andy70707 responds:

thanks for the review, I just whipped this up quickly. I decided against music since its just a button maker and as you said, the endless handbag loop is far too overused.

Windows Doors Windows Doors

Wonderful!

To tell you the truth, my friend, I didn't except this to turn out this good, like what I said when reviewing your beta. This is what I call a legitimate computer sim, mainly because it actually fells like real, SO real. Nearly any other computer sim would have internet with only a few pages to access, some documents and some humorous games. What makes this game unique is it's design, realism, and it's richness in features. I especially liked how you can play audio portal songs. I haven't found any of the secrets yet, but I'll keep searching for them.

The internet browser is awesome, it has so many web pages and they're awesome, too. Tom Fulp's "Archon68 is awesome" thread is hilarious. I think you kinda overdid the jokes about you being "awesome" though.

This is the best computer sim I've ever seen. Even though computer sims usually get boring after a short time, the secret documents and stuff (if there really are any!) adds up to the gameplay time. This is just great. I loved it. It deserves the award.

P.S. The preloader doesn't take that long to load. In fact, It was only a 2 minutes waiting for me.

Archawn responds:

But... I am awesome.

Stop Cyberbullying! Stop Cyberbullying!

Humorous.

It's not really a game, you just need to log off, and you're done. I first tried to respond to him but none of his responses were related to mine, he just kept typing insults. If you made a chat system like in Windows Doors, that would be much more real. Also, you already say the way to win in the "Failure" page when you lose the game.

It was a humorous one, damn right too, that's what I have did to many retards here, and I'll keep doing it. They may even create a second account just to keep insulting you, so keep blocking and don't even check any PMs from him, don't let your curiousity take over, they will eventually leave you alone.

Anyway, the message you were trying to give was an important one that everyone should know, but it's not what I call a game, if you made a chat system like your "Stalker", and if you made different ways to win, it would have been much better. Sorry for the low rating, but this is what it deserves. 3/10, 2/5

Archawn responds:

There are 3 ways to win, and a chat bot would've defeated the whole purpose of this game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

"He's a difficult person, who won't respond to logic, compassion, anger, or anything. He's just spamming you with insults for the sole purpose of spamming you with insults. He has no reason, he's just bored."

//Smoking Kills //Smoking Kills

Fun game, but needs improvement.

A sniper game with new gameplay elements, such as the clothes and the evidence system. Speaking of evidence system, it's kinda flawed, because you always leave at least some evidence and get your score deducted. Whatever you do, you will always leave assorted snack waste and at least one shell casing. To solve this, my recommendation is:

- Add an upgrade to the rifle where it becomes semi-auto if you buy it. Therefore, you won't need to eject any shell casings (I'm speaking my knowledge from Resident Evil 4, so forgive me if I'm wrong).
- Remove the assorted snack waste thing, it's not really necessary.

The one-liners were a unique feature, but why one-liners? If I were you, I would have used tactics instead of the one-liners. That is, for example, if you kill a guy normally, you will receive a money bonus near the reward. However, if you stage an accident, you will receive points instead of the extra money.

The game was easy, mostly because the missions were similar to the other sniper games here. I would like to mention that you can't kill the people except the target in Russia level, while the guy is speaking. I would suggest you make them killable. Also, the shades make the screen REALLY dark, I would recommend you make it a bit brighter.

As for the graphics, I won't complain about the people being sticks. They weren't drawn well, though, the animation isn't much good, too.

The song was nice and epic, I added it to my favourites. I liked the sound effects, too.

About the equipment, I liked their ups and downs, but I would make the gloves decrease your reloading speed. And, instead of the shades making you "cool and attractive" (what is that for, exactly?), I would make them decrease your visibility as a benefit. By the way, the shades kinda look weird on the character, and his appearance doesn't change depending on your equipment.

The humor was nice, but you kinda overdid that paper clip joke. If it was only in two e-mails, it would be well-balanced.

A detailed review. If you are going to make a sequel, I suggest you keep the things I said in mind. If you do, I'm sure it's going to be a masterpiece.

Lots of people find this review helpful!

Sniper Year One Sniper Year One

Maybe it's not a stick game...

...but it isn't much of a "human" game either. Even though their animations were awesome, they were just shadows, or shapes, without any detail. In fact, they are like stickmen which were shaped like humans.

I liked the game a lot, it was longer than many other sniper games here. I liked the missions, but I found a bug: sometimes in mission 11, even if you kill all the guards seperately, you will fail the mission. Hope you will fix it.

I liked the backgrounds, especially the orange ones. You might consider adding more colors.

Did you take the girls' pictures yourself, or uploaded them via google or something? She's hot. Who is she?

I think there is a logic mistake, by the way. When you aren't using the scope, the area you are looking at should appear smaller, because the scope helps you zoom.

I think the things you should add include limited ammo and maybe some upgrades. And, in order to claim this game to be composed of humans, I think you should add more detail to people.

Looking forward to a sequel, good luck.

Meet'N'Fuck Detective RPG Meet'N'Fuck Detective RPG

Surely the best adult sex game here!

This is awesome. The graphics, most importantly the girls, were really well drawn. Especially the lifeguard, bargirl and that young woman at the park were so pretty :)

The sounds were good, and the music was awesome, but it had the same music in every sex scene, you could have used some different ones.

The gameplay was nice, much better than the other sex games, you combined an adventure game with sex minigames. The only reason I deducted a star was that the sex minigames kinda got repetitive. It was kinda the same everytime, well, even though the title explains everything! I loved how the final sex was much longer, though.

Then again, I liked how you could shoot your load onto body parts you choose, which was inventive. It also made me chuckle that a girl says "Follow me to my office." which seems pretty innocent, then they engage in sex activity in the next second :)

Speaking of the minigames, there could have actually been a few minigames that don't involve sex, like a tennis match with that tennis player. It would have been cool and original.

One thing I found weird was that Paul had sex with all those girls without using any condoms and without the thought of causing any pregnancy. I would like to see his face expression when all those girls tell Paul they are pregnant xD.

Overall, it was a masterpiece. You should make more like this. I will check out the other Meet'N'Fuck games soon. Which music did you use, also?

You Have To Burn The Rope You Have To Burn The Rope

I don't get it.

First, it's so short. Second, for an enemy to be a boss, he should also have minions, but this is a game only with one enemy which you call a "boss". I may not be making myself much clear, but I don't get why this game got such a high score.

The points:
+The music at the end fits greatly
+You can read the instructions while playing
+Somewhat fun battle
-TOO short
-Only one boss (therefore only one enemy)
-Lack of challenge (the player can't die?)

Originally I was going to give you 4 starts, but looking at the list, I raised it to 5. This game could have been much better, I mean add more enemies, more levels and stuff. The weapons are useless, too.

I know a lot of people like this game and therefore will rate this review as "useless", but I made my point, I don't care about the rest. Like I said, this game could have been much longer and challenging.